Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Foods that kill

I have been doing research for some time now about the food that we eat. How much flavourants, preservatives and non-nutritive sweeteners do we eat everyday and how is it affecting our health. My first research was on Aspartame and its effects, which also lead me to MSG. Aspartame is really really dangerous and I think it plays in an important part in my dad's disease. After watching the documentary, Aspartame: Sweet Misery A poisoned World, I was certain that Aspartame was the underlying cause of my dad's disease watching in the documentary that many people have become paralyzed due to it. The sad thing is that Aspartame was in many of the foods that my dad ate everyday. Using sugar replacements like, equill, because it was supposed to be better that sugar, drinking diet cool-drink because there's less sugar in. My parents even bought diet jelly because they thought they were eating healthy all of which had aspartame in. After reading about MSG, which has the same effects as aspartame I was looking for food to get out of the kitchen, in my mind I only thought that potato chips would have MSG in, but was soon surprised how many food actually contained MSG that we all eat everyday. Certain sauces, soups, noodles and spices, processed meats, vienas, sausages, steak toppings. There were so many things that we had to throw away and I think it became weird, me and Wally looking through all the labels and ingredients whenever we buy something. Hopefully this turn-around in our lifestyle will have positive effects in our life. I will continue my next blog on free range and organic food...another change we made to our lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment