Tuesday, June 22, 2010

ALS and CBD

Living with ALS. My dad was diagnosed in March with a Motor neuron disease (MND). It's been a rough road, not just for me but the whole family, especially my mom and dad. It's not an easy thing to accept and not one of us will stop praying and believing in and for his recovery. It's scary to think of the person my dad was and what he has become in less than a year. From being more fit than me, walking 2.5km without a sweat for excise to being in bed al day, struggling to move and even struggling to swallow. My dad will be 72 in September, for some this may seem old, but my dad was as healthy as could be, fit and always watched his diet. Why would he get a disease like this, I hate it!!! After my dad started getting sick I started to research what could possibly be happening to him, finding all the horrible diseases that existed. I just want those diseases to disappear. I want God to take those diseases away, let the diseases burn in hell, so that no one will ever go through something like ALS or the other horrible diseases that exist. For now, all I can really do is try an deal with the situation one day at a time. I would probably not get through this time without Wally (my husband) giving me all his love and support. I cannot believe how God has blessed me with him. He never moans or gets upset to help my dad, to pick him out of the wheelchair to let him stand for a while. Getting him from the wheelchair to the bed and up again from the bed into the wheelchair. Helping to wheely my dad out of the bedroom on the wheelchair. It makes me feel useless...powerless, because I can just stand by and watch not helping any with the weight, but he is one awesome blessing! Cannot Imagine my life without him!

Lief vir jou Wall-E :)

No comments:

Post a Comment